Call for Registration and Abstracts (oral presentations only - no posters) for the 2013 Biscayne National Park Science Symposium.
- What: 2-day conference on science in Biscayne National Park
- When: 27-28 February 2013
- Format: The Symposium will consist of 15-minute oral presentations (12-minute talks with 3-minute Q&A). Presentation topics are intentionally broad and may include scientific and resource management programs and projects pertaining to the natural and cultural resources of Biscayne National Park.
- Webinar Option: The Symposium will be also be presented in webinar format for those who are unable to participate in person.
- Target Audience: People involved with or interested in scientific work conducted in the park, to include National Park Service staff, students, interns, agency staff, current/recent research permittees, and other partners and cooperators.
- Venue: Palm Room, Palmetto Bay Village Center, 18001 Old Cutler Road, Palmetto Bay, FL 33157 or via online webinar.
- Free on-site parking
- Lunch and refreshments will be available for purchase on site.
- Local accommodation available in Cutler Bay, Palmetto Bay, East Kendall, Coral Gables, Coconut Grove
There is no registration fee, but you must register in order to participate in the Symposium in person or by webinar. You must also register in order to submit an abstract.
Abstract Submission Guidelines
If you are interested in making a presentation, please submit an abstract when you register at the link below by February 1, 2013. Presenters will be selected and informed via email by February 8, 2013.
- Please ensure your abstract text is limited to 300 words. Please do not include graphics, tabular material, or special formatting in your abstract
Abstract Submission Is Now Closed
The Symposium program and schedule will be made available in mid February. We hope you will be able to join us for this exciting event. Please feel free to share this message with your colleagues, staff, students, etc.
Questions about this event can be directed to Amanda Bourque: email@example.com
Biscayne National Park Division of Resource Management & South Florida/Caribbean Inventory & Monitoring Network